Patrick M. Beattie is Counsel with the Firm, focusing on general civil litigation, construction litigation, estate planning, estate administration and tax-related issues.
During his career, Mr. Beattie has gained experience in the following areas of the law: (1) general defense litigation; (2) toxic tort litigation; (3) insurance coverage actions; (4) estate planning; (5) estate administration; (6) personal injury litigation; and (7) tax controversy matters with the IRS. He served as second chair in two personal injury trials taken to verdict in the Philadelphia County Court of Common Pleas. Mr. Beattie also prepared the legal briefs for two appeals to the Pennsylvania Superior Court. In 2022, he prepared and presented a Continuing Legal Education class on Inbound and Outbound Cross-Border Taxation. Specifically, this CLE focused on transfer pricing methodologies which may be utilized by related Dutch and U.S. business entities.
Mr. Beattie joined Donnelly Minter & Kelly, LLC in 2022.
- New Jersey, 2003
- Connecticut, 2005
- New York, 2020
- Pennsylvania, 2011
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2003
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2013
- United States Tax Court, 2015
- United States Third Circuit Court of Appeals, 2015
- Quinnipiac University School of Law, J.D., 2003
- Hobart & William Smith Colleges, B.A., 1989
- Villanova University School of Law, LL.M in Taxation, 2014
- Villanova University School of Law, Certificate in Estate Planning, 2017
- Headquarters Company, 8th Tank Battalion (Independent), 4th Marine Division, 1988-1989
- Delta Company, 2nd Battalion, 25th Marines, 1989-1991
- Golf Company, 2nd Battalion, 25th Marines, 1992-1994
- Honorable Discharge, United States Marine Corps Reserve (E-4)(MOS: 0311), 1996