Ms. Engleby focuses on the areas of estate planning and trust and estate administration, as well as having a concentration in guardianship matters and special needs trusts.
Her practice includes designing sophisticated tax-sensitive documents addressing the importance of family and business relationships in her clients’ lives. Ms. Engleby creates individually tailored plans for each client to address the various complex tax issues and intrafamily matters involved in transferring wealth from generation to generation. She advises clients on all issues relating to estate and trust administration, including estate, gift and fiduciary income taxes, and judicial and non-judicial accountings.
In addition, Ms. Engleby represents clients to resolve family disputes stemming from probate matters and matters relating to the administration of estates and trusts, and counsels both corporate and individual executors and trustees regarding their fiduciary responsibilities.
Ms. Engleby represents clients in all aspects of guardianship and conservatorship proceedings, and has served as court-appointed attorney and guardian ad litem on numerous occasions.
Ms. Engleby serves on the Vestry of St. Bernard’s Episcopal Church, Bernardsville, N.J. and is a volunteer for El Hogar, a non-profit organization that works to improve the lives of children and families as citizens of Honduras.
- New Jersey, 2000
- District of Columbia, 1999
- Maryland, 1998
- George Washington University Law School, J.D. 1998
- Union Theological Seminary, M. Div. 1988
- Davidson College, B.A. 1983
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Taxation & Real Property, Trust & Probate Sections)
Publications & Presentations
- Co-Author, “A Look at the Domestic Partnership Act,” New Jersey State Bar Association Taxation Law Section Newsletter, Volume 30 Number 2 (December 2004)