Mr. Blackwell’s practice focuses on professional liability defense, employment law, and commercial litigation.
David Blackwell handles civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on the defense of professional liability claims, having represented lawyers, accountants, title agents and other professionals for over 20 years.
Mr. Blackwell also concentrates his practice on the defense of employment lawsuits, representing employers in the defense of virtually any type of employment claim, including wrongful termination, hostile work environment, LAD, CEPA, Title VII, Sec. 1983, Wage and Hour, retaliation and other related claims.
Mr. Blackwell also handles commercial litigation, insurance coverage matters and the defense of general liability claims.
Several published, noteworthy opinions Mr. Blackwell has been involved with include:
- Estate of Spencer v. Gavin, 400 N.J. Super. 220 (App. Div. 2008)
- Liberty Surplus Ins. Corp. v. Nowell Amoroso, P.A., 189 N.J. 436 (2007)
- Lederman v. Prudential Life Ins. Co. of America, Inc. 385 N.J. Super. 324 (App. Div. 2006)
- GSC Partners v. Washington Group, 368 F.3d 228 (3d. Cir. 2004)
- Ponden v. Ponden, 374 N.J. Super. 1 (App. Div. 2004)
- Hyman Zamft & Manard, LLC v. Cornell, 309 N.J. Super. 586 (App. Div. 1998)
- Dunn v. Borough of Mountainside, 301 N.J. Super. 262 (App. Div. 1997)
Mr. Blackwell was named to the list of NJ Super Lawyers for 2021. This is his third consecutive year selected to the list. Super Lawyers identifies attorneys who have been highly recognized by their peers for their professional accomplishments with no more than five percent of attorneys in the State each year named to this list.
Mr. Blackwell is a member of the New Jersey Defense Association.
- New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 2003
- Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1994
- The George Washington University, B.A., 1991
- American Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Morris County Bar Association
- District X Ethics Committee
- New Jersey Defense Association